Issue during setup – set triage not working?

Participant
    Last week I installed Tikit and stopped after granting permissions. I just created the “Service Desk” team with a channel called “Tikit.ai”. I typed @tikit set triage and nothing happened. I tried again, same nothing. I went to the App from the … on the lefthand bar in Teams. I didn’t see how to add it to a Team, so I went to Apps at the bottom left and selected Tikit. There I selected OPEN – Add to a team, and chose the Tikit.ai channel of the Service Desk team. I typed @tikit set triage and nothing happened, so I did it a second time. Tikit replied “Sure thing, I just sent you a message.”
    I went to chat, and tikit said “Hey Tom! I am not sure what you mean by ‘@ set triage’. You can ask me for help if you are not sure how to interact with me.”

I am sure I made a mistake at some point, but I don’t know where. Could I get some help? Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Replies
      James Kleinschnitz
      Administrator
      Tom

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. We first need to make sure that Tikit has been installed to your team/channel. The easiest way to do this is click the 3 dots to open the more options menu for your team, then select Manage team, then go to the Apps tab. From there you will see a list of Apps that are installed to this team, you should see Tikit in this list.

James Kleinschnitz
      Administrator
      Also make sure you are directing “set triage” at the bot. You can do this by typing @ti then select Tikit, then type set triage.
        Tom Smith
        Participant
        That was absolutely my issue. I typed @tikit set triage and didn’t select the bot. When I typed the @tikit part, I should have selected it, and then finished typing set triage. Thanks for your help on this one!
      Ryan Lane
      Hi Tom,
      Thanks for showing us where we can make our KB better. I have updated the Triage Channel Id section of our Complete Setup Guide to make those steps clearer.

Cheers!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.