- A Microsoft 365 account that can grant tenant-wide admin consent to an application.
- For more details, see configure how end-users consent to applications.
- Microsoft Teams access to install Teams apps & creating and managing Teams. By default, if you have the admin consent access as a Global Administrator in AAD, you will be able to install Teams apps.
- For more details, see admin settings for apps in Microsoft Teams.
Now that you’re signed up for Tikit, you can log in to the Tikit Web App. The user that signed up for Tikit will automatically be added to the Administrators Application Role so you just need to enter in your Microsoft 365 account credentials to sign in and get started. There is an entire section of our Help Knowledge Base devoted to the Tikit Web App here.
Tikit consists of multiple Teams applications and the goal of each application is to solve the needs of the particular user persona that interacts with that application. The Tikit App helps Analysts to quickly triage and solve tickets from Teams, while the HelpBot is the first-line of support for your end-users.
Make sure you have a Team with only members that represent your Analysts—the team that will be triaging and solving tickets. Members of this team will be assigned to tickets and have the ability to view all requested tickets. If you do not have a Team in Teams that matches this requirement please create it now. It is recommended that this is a private invite only team, for Security reasons.
Triaging can be defined as assignment of urgency and categorization of a unit of work. In Tikit you can define a triage channel to receive notifications for all new tickets. Lets go ahead and add a triage channel to the analyst Team. It is best to use a private Team that only your analysts are members of. Feel free to choose a name for the triage channel like Tickets, Triage, or Tikit.
To add the Tikit App to a Team in Teams:
- Select the Apps tab and look through the Apps list to confirm Tikit is not already added.
Tikit already added? Skip to Setting the Triage Channel Id.
If not, continue to the next step to add the Tikit app to the Team.
To update the Tikit Triage Channel from Teams:
HelpBot is your end users “portal” to getting problems solved. Once you deploy HelpBot to all your end users they will be able to quickly submit request and get answers. You can read more about HelpBot here.
To download the HelpBot Teams App:
- Sign in to the Tikit Web App.
- Click the gear to access the Settings Control Panel.
- Under Settings, select Microsoft Teams.
- Click Download HelpBot App.
- Tikit will prompt to download HelpBot.zip.
To install the HelpBot Teams App to your Organization:
- Upload HelpBot for your Organization
- As a Teams Admin, in the lower left corner of Teams, choose the Apps icon. On the Apps page, choose Upload a custom app.
- Then select Upload for MyOrganization where MyOrganization is your companies name.
- From here you have two options you can instruct your end users to access and install the HelpBot from your organizations Teams app store or the preferred method: “deploy” HelpBot to your users via a Setup Policy, make sure to pin HelpBot to your users sidebar.