Issues with Tikit automation not being properly triggered

Participant
    Hello all,

I am exploring the automation features and wanted to see if I could auto-apply a “due date” to tickets based on their priority. I added in different date ranges per priority yet when testing the automations I do not see the new rules being applied. Can anyone help guide me in the right direction?

There are 3 different automation rules based on priority status. The rule basically follows:
    WHEN New Ticket Added AND Priority EQUAL to X
    THEN DO UPDATE PROPERTY Due Date to Y+Current Date

I’m currently listed as an Analyst instead of an Admin role in Tikit, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      James Kleinschnitz
      Administrator
      Michael

We will try to replicate this in our test environments but a few questions:

In the Automations table what is the status for each of your automations?
      When testing these automations how are you creating the new Ticket? (Web, HelpBot, Converting a chat message)

Thanks

James

Michael Bolls
      Participant
      Hello James,

Automations table has status as “Success.” I’m experimenting with both creating tickets on my own (via Tikit on Teams and HelpBot). I’ve also asked others to create tickets via HelpBot as well.

I have not used the web app or conversion of chat to test the automation yet.

James Kleinschnitz
      Administrator
      Is your trigger type:
      Added, Modified, or Added & Modified

Since the Added event only happens on initial ticket creation and with helpbot and the tikit message extension you can’t select the priority on these Added events, I wonder if you need to use Added & Modified trigger.

Ryan Lane
      Hi Michael,
      James looped me in and I was able to reproduce this issue. I will work with the engineering team to get this resolved.
      In the meantime, you can update the trigger type to Added & Modified and add an additional filter for Due Date Is Null to create an automation that will assign a due date on ticket creation based on priority.
      Trigger Type: Added & Modified
      If:
      Select AND to require both Filters to be true.
      Priority Equal 3 (Low)
      Due Date Is Null
      Michael Bolls
      Participant
      Hello Ryan and James,

That seems to have resolved the issue, thanks! I tested it by creating my own ticket via Helpbot. I’ll check with other team members and will let y’all know if I run into any more issues.

@James,

Let me know what the engineering team finds. Will explore more automation in the future so knowing this will be handy.

Reinhard Gustavik
        Participant
        Hi Michael,

I’m also looking for an automation that sets the resolution date to the current day when the status of the ticket changed to resolved.
        could you please post the final automation configuration that works for you.

Cheers -reinhard-

Michael Bolls
      Participant
      Confirming test with other team members also came out as success.
        Ryan Lane
        Hi Michael,
        Thanks for reporting back. Glad those automation changes are working for now.

Cheers,
        Ryan

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.