Email Tickets Now Available

Administrator
    You can now connect an Office 365 email account to Tikit and any emails sent to that connected account will open New Tickets. You can read more about how to connect an email account here.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      Reinhard Gustavik
      Participant
      How can I connect to a shared Mailbox?
      The Connect-Button leads to the microsoft login, where I can use my workaccount but not the shared mailbox.
        Reinhard Gustavik
        Participant
        Any news to this question?
        Ryan Lane
        Hi Reinhard and thanks for reaching out. There is a workaround for using a shared mailbox with the email connector by setting a password in AAD for the mailbox and logging in with those credentials. When a shared mailbox is created in AAD then a corresponding user is also generated for that mailbox. That user’s password can be reset using the Azure Portal User’s blade which would allow logging in as the shared mailbox to setup the email connector in Tikit.
        Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
      Robin Stemmer
      Participant
      If i reply to a ticket, which was created by email, it does not create a email message. Where is my comment send? And how do i configure the system, that an answer (or non-private comment) on an external mail ticket will be send to the original target?
        Ryan Lane
        Hi Robin,
        Our notifications to end users are primarily through the HelpBot virtual agent in Teams with notifications for any ticket updates and added comments. We also support viewing and adding replies directly from email with actionable messages from the email connector. On top of the custom email response, actionable messages let users view their request status, details, and viewing and adding ticket replies from Outlook.
        For examples of notifications that end users can receive from HelpBot, check out the Helpbot Notifications.
        For more details on enabling actionable messages, check out How to enable actionable messages.
        Please let me know if this info helped. Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.