To keep up with the latest and greatest features in Tikit, make sure to update your Tikit and HelpBot teams apps. This guide walks through upgrading both Tikit and HelpBot apps. For more details, please see App updates requiring user consent.
New versions of the Tikit app may require users to accept new permissions for features.
Upgrading is done on both a user and team scope:
- Users will see a banner in their Teams letting them know a new version of Tikit is available and ready to Upgrade:
- If Tikit is installed in a Team, then team members can upgrade Tikit via Manage Team > Apps:
If a new version of Tikit requires new permissions, Teams will prompt the user to upgrade Tikit instead of automatically installing the new version. If no new permissions are needed, then Teams will automatically update the app for users.
To upgrade Tikit as the end user:
- Open the Tikit teams app, then in the new version banner select Upgrade.
- In the Tikit details window, select Upgrade to upgrade Tikit.
If Tikit is installed to a Team, then Tikit can be upgraded from the Manage Team > Apps list.
To upgrade Tikit in a Team:
- In Teams, find the Team with Tikit added, then select (More options) > Manage Team.
- Open the Apps tab, then find the Tikit app in the list. A message will be displayed: A new version of this app is available and needs new permissions. Click here to upgrade.
- Click Tikit to upgrade.
- In the Tikit details window, select Upgrade to upgrade Tikit for the team.
Tikit may also prompt for additional application permissions for new features. Note that Tikit should only prompt Tikit admins for consent and will not send this message to analysts or end users. Administrators can grant consent from Teams when prompted, or directly through Azure’s Enterprise Applications blade.
To grant consent for application permissions from Teams:
- Select Grant consent and login with admin credentials when prompted.
- Select Accept to grant application permissions.
The HelpBot virtual agent is a custom app in your organization store and will need to be updated with the latest version through the Microsoft Teams admin center. Once updated, the latest HelpBot virtual agent will be available to your users. New versions of HelpBot may require users to upgrade in order to accept new permissions.
Upgrading HelpBot is done via user scope:
- Users will see a banner in their Teams letting them know a new version of HelpBot is available and ready to Upgrade:
To update HelpBot in your org store, you will need to download the latest HelpBot app manifest zip file:
- Sign in to the Tikit Web App.
- On the page header, select the gear to open Tikit Settings.
- In the left navigation, go to Settings > Microsoft Teams.
- Select Download HelpBot App.
- Tikit will prompt to download HelpBot.zip. Do not unzip or modify this file, otherwise Teams may not be able to import it.
To update HelpBot via Microsoft Teams:
To update HelpBot via the Microsoft Teams admin center:
If a new version of HelpBot requires new permissions, Teams will prompt the user to upgrade Tikit instead of automatically installing the new version. If no new permissions are needed, then Teams will automatically update the app for users.
To upgrade HelpBot as an user in Microsoft Teams:
- Open the HelpBot virtual agent in Microsoft Teams, then in the new version banner select Upgrade.
- In the HelpBot details window, select Upgrade to upgrade HelpBot.