Tikit provides role-based access control (RBAC) to enforce authorization in both the web and Teams apps. There are several app roles available: Administrators, Analysts, and Users. Administrators can manage Application Roles to control which users or groups have access to Tikit.
To access and manage Security settings:
- Open the Tikit web app at https://web.tikit.ai.
- Once in the Tikit web app, select the settings gear in the header, then select Security.
- Add Mapped Role Add a new mapped role to the selected app role.
- Application Roles A list of available app roles and the number of mapped roles. Select an app role to manage its mapped roles.
- Mapped Roles The currently mapped roles for the selected app role.
- Delete Mapped Role Select to delete a mapped role.
There are several Tikit app roles available: Administrators, Analysts, and Users. App role permissions are cumulative, meaning that users start with a very limited set of permissions and admins add permissions as needed. If a user is not mapped to a role, like an end-user who only interacts with HelpBot, then they only have access to submit and view their own requests.
|Role||Can do these tasks||Can access the following tools|
Everything in Tikit settings and configurations, including:
|Analysts||Manage Knowledge and work tickets in Teams or Web||
Manage Knowledge, inlcuding adding or removing alternate phrases and retraining knowledge base.
Manage all tickets.
Access the Tikit web apps.
Access to the Tikit Teams app.
There are no default mapped roles for Analysts.
Access and view Tikit web apps.
Access to submit and view user's own requests.
There are no default mapped roles for Users.
Users can be either directly or indirectly mapped to an app role in Tikit. To make it easier for admins to manage app roles, there are a few different methods for mapping a user to an app role, App role membership is determined by:
- A user is directly mapped to a role.
- A user is a member of a group mapped to a role.
- A user is a member of an Office 365 Group with a matching app role name (e.g, Administrators, Analysts, or Users groups).
- For example, if the user AdeleV is a member of a Office 365 Group named Users then they will automatically be a member of the Users app role.
Multiple users and groups can be assigned to an app role from the Security page. Note that managing app roles requires the current user is mapped to the Administrators role.
To add a mapped role in the Tikit Web App:
- In the Add Mapped Role form, search for and select users and groups to be mapped. Users are listed by username and groups are displayed by name.
- Select Save to finish mapping roles.
Managing mapped roles includes both adding and removing mapped roles in the Security page. Note that managing app roles requires the current user is mapped to the Administrators role.
To delete a mapped role in the Tikit Web App:
- Open Settings > Security to manage Security settings.
- Under Application Roles, select an app role to manage, then find and select the delete button for a mapped role and select Delete to confirm.
Note that this will permanently delete the mapped role, but the user or group can be assigned to the app role again to recreate the mapped role.