Analysts can find and work tickets in the Tickets dashboard. The Tickets dashboard provides a Kanban board to view and update tickets quickly. Find specific tickets with filters to keep work organized. On top of a Kanban Board view, analysts can also view ticket details in a List view and analytics with the Reports view.
The list view provides a compact list of tickets. Select a row to view and edit ticket details. Select a column to sort tickets.
Select a column header to sort tickets by that field. Selecting a column more than once will toggle the order from ascending to descending.
By default, tickets are sorted by Id in descending order.
Analysts can not only view current tickets but also create new tickets from the tickets dashboard.
To add a new ticket from the Tickets dashboard:
To edit a ticket from the Tickets dashboard:
- All Active
- My Work
- Delete Ticket Delete the ticket. Warning that once deleted a ticket cannot be restored. We recommend Closing a ticket instead to remove it from Active views.
- Take Assign the ticket to the currently logged in analyst.
- Apply Template Apply a ticket template to this ticket. To learn more, check out Manage Templates.
- Change view for tickets list. Select a view for the tickets list:
- All Active
- My Work
- Search Search for specific tickets.
- Ticket Summary A ticket summary card with quickly finding ticket information.
- Activity Feed Get the latest updates, search for specific changes, and add replies to the ticket with the activity feed.
- Requester Info View requester information and start an email or chat at the click of a button.
- Properties, Attachments, and Custom Form Answers sections Update ticket properties by expanding the needed section.
To bulk edit tickets from the Tickets dashboard:
- Find and select one or more tickets from the tickets dashboard by using the checkmarks on the left of each ticket entry, then select the Edit button in the toolbar to open the Update Tickets form.
You may be familiar with selection idioms from other software but here are some quick shortcuts:
- Use the checkbox in the table header to select or deselect all tickets.
- Click and drag to select multiple tickets at once.
- Hold the ctrl key to toggle selecting a single ticket.
- Hold the shift key to select a range of tickets
To add a reply to a ticket from the Tickets dashboard:
Analysts can see a full of ticket activity from the Activity tab while viewing ticket details. The activity feed includes the ticket conversation with replies from both analysts and the requester and a toggle for ticket history to view all changes to a ticket.
To view ticket activity from the Tickets dashboard:
To add an attachment from the Tickets dashboard:
To remove an attachment from the Tickets dashboard:
For more details on templates and custom forms, check out Manage Templates.
To view the custom form answers for a ticket from the Tickets dashboard: